Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Life goes on...


Well, it's been almost 4 months since my last posting. A lot has changed since then.

I am now a married man! In 1 week it will be 3 months. I guess I really don't keep track of this sort of thing because it's for the rest of my life. I'd rather spend my limited brain power on something more useful.

This whole year has been a blur. I spent the first half of the year getting ready for my wedding and honeymoon, then it all happened so quickly. Poof! Next thing I know I was in Portugal traveling around and experiencing a new culture. What an amazing place! The trip just proved to me that I have to retire as early as possible, so I can live the rest of my life carefree. All I really care about is being a good husband and father to my children (that I am not ready for yet).

Soon after the beautiful wedding and amazing honeymoon, I found myself packing up the rest of my belongings and moving again. This was my 8th move in 8 years. No wonder why landlords don't like me. So all I have are the bare necessities and am now a newlywed living with my parents. You would have thought they would have been gravely opposed to the idea since they basically kicked me out as soon as I finished college. Oh, how times change!

Well, I went from living in a spacious apartment in the city to a cramped up room in my parent's house. I wouldn't recommend this approach to any newlyweds. Being freshly married and having only a wall separating yourselves from your parents (or in-laws) is just a bit uncomfortable, but I guess everything in life is what you make of it and I have managed to make the best of a temporary problem.

Now one may wonder why I am living with my parents. Well, building a house isn't all it's talked up to be. Yeah, it's exciting, but if your timing is off, say hello to living with the folks! Unfortunately for us, our landlord booted us to the curb and our options were very limited. Ultimately, it just led to what decision was the most economical for us.

Well, our house is now only a month away from being finished. Without really ever living in a house not attached to others, I really can't even imagine what it will feel like to walk into our house for the first time. It's almost surreal to me. My journey has led me in many different ways over the past decade. Some paths led to destruction, while others led to pure joy. I can only begin to imagine what the future may hold from here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home