Time Flies...
The title of a Bill Cosby book. Funny guy. Have you ever found yourself saying "man, is it November (or whatever month it is) already." Well, I sure do. I think I say that to myself at least once a week.
I often find myself thinking back to where I was a year ago and also thinking where I'm going to be in a year. And I reflect...
Last November, we were living with my parents. It was the 2nd of a three month stint that couldn't have felt like longer. Due to delays in the construction of our house, it was our best short-term option. Knowing my relationship with my parents over the years, I knew it would be a trying time for us all.
Several other things stand out:
1. Our house was completed and we moved in on December 28, 2005! One of the most exciting days of my life.
2. My parents and my wife's grandparents came to visit in December.
3. I distinctly remember #2 above because, sadly, we lost Grandpa John to a tragic accident. A tough time for my wife and her family, but something that will hopefully make them all stronger and feel fortunate for having such a great man in their lives. I am.
4. My wife's cousin Mike being diagnosed with lung cancer. As a non-smoker, he was diagnosed and passed away a few months later. I had only met him once before. We went down to St. Louis to attend a benefit for him, which was a truly magical moment to see him surrounded by a supportive, loving family.
5. Working on the house. Ever since we moved in, my wife and I have been working non-stop on our house to get it just the way we envisioned. We are almost there!
I guess there have been other "moments" in the past year, but those are the ones that stick out the most.
Looking forward... I am always looking forward to the time ahead for all the good and bad that come with it. I don't see much changing over the next year. ymarketing, which is a company I am a partner of, has been doing increasingly well over the last couple years and 2007 seems to be the year we really break out. Other than that, I really feed off the challenges in my life and expect plenty.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home