Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Tribute to Big John Cessna


This was my wife's Grandfather. He's passed in January, 2006.

Here was a man, who at his funeral, brought over 1,300 people. He was a man who touched the lives of so many.

I was fortunate enough to know him for the 4 years Erin and I have been together. Fortunate is an understatement. I was blessed to have known him.

I never had a male role model. One of my grandfathers, I met only once when I was 3. The other I knew, but never really saw and couldn't communicate with. My father is a quiet man, who I have never really communicated with. This is why I have always been drawn to my elders that want to share things about their lives.

While I only had several chances to sit down and chat with Grandpa John, he always managed to put a smile on my face. He had this magical smile that really lit up a room. He had a presence that could silence a crowd. He was truly a gentle giant.

So knowing Grandpa John is a constant reminder of how I can be a better person. I hope his family knows how lucky they were, we don't all have what they had...

May God Bless you always, Grandpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home