THANKS-giving
is a day I've spent in many different places, each of which I am grateful for.
Growing up, we would spend our Thanksgiving at one of my family's houses. When I was in college, I typically spent it with my friend's family. It was the first "traditional" Thanksgiving I had in my life. There were typically about 8 people at the table with food for 30 and dessert would consist of over 25 different kinds of pie. Needless to say, I had to open my belt a notch by the end of the night. Most recently, my Thanksgiving has been spent at my wife's grandparent's house. These have also been very traditional as well, but with many more people. I can't say that one experience has been more pleasing than the others because they all have their own flavor and I've enjoyed each one in a different way.
As a child, they used to ask me in school "what are you thankful for this thanksgiving?". I don't think many of my answers to that question in the past would really sum up what I'm thankful for, but I feel that I have now come up with some things that I will always be thankful in no particular order.
1. Life - In the past year, several people I knew lost their lives for a variety of reasons. Each one inspired me in one way or the other and I hope to carry on their memories for as long as I am fortunate enough to be alive.
2. Pain - My life, as with most people's, has been filled with pain and struggles. For a time, I used to resent these things, but now I am thankful to have experienced them.
3. House - In the past eight years, I have lived in 8 different places. I finally have a house that feels like home.
4. Wife - Being married is truly been an eye-opening experience. There is so much to learn and teach each other.
There are a lot of other things that I am thankful for, but the above is really what has had the most impact on me this past year.
If anyone else is reading this, I hope that you can share some of the things that you are thankful for.


1 Comments:
opportunities
circumstances
support
experiences
http://everydaysimplystated.wordpress.com/2006/11/24/i-am-not-just-thankful-on-thanksgiving/
Post a Comment
<< Home